Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

SyncInABlink
Love to have a Calendar sync app Options
rtcary
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:37:44 PM
Groups: Member

Sync in a Blink works flawlessly! Great job! Now apply the magic potent to the Calendar!!

Todd Cary
Petaluma, CA 94952
vkoser
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:46:28 AM

+1 to this, you have the framework I'd like to see the addition of calendar sync to this or a separate sync in a blink calendar created to sync my google calendar. This over the air sync of calendar is the last thing that bugs me about my iPhone and I'd love to have it solved.

Great job on sync in a blink.
Eric
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:15:04 PM

Groups: Administration

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are very pleased that you like our product. We have worked very hard at making it as simple to use as possible and as reliable as possible.

We would love to add a calendar sync function to Sync In A Blink but unfortunately, the iPhone API does not allow us to manipulate calendar events. We can read and write calendar events from/to Google, but are unable to do anything with the iPhone calendar :o(

Please help us change Apple's mind by going to the Apple forums and posting requests to open up the API. We've already made a couple requests ourselves but additional requests will hopefully help.

Thanks again for your interest in our software.
vkoser
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 6:53:56 PM

That's insane, they allow modifications of contacts but not calendar? Sometimes I can't understand the reasoning behind their decisions. Preventing 3rd party from making calendar modifications will not make me pay for mobile.me it just makes me angry. I'll go post at apple thanks for replying to us with the reasoning and a possible course of action.
rtcary
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2008 11:15:22 AM

I agree 100% with @vkoser!!

Todd
olddog
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:49:50 PM

I need software to sync iPhone to Amicus Attorney data base. Any chance in the future?
Victor
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:11:25 PM

Groups: Administration

olddog wrote:
I need software to sync iPhone to Amicus Attorney data base. Any chance in the future?

What's the Amicus Attorney database?
olddog
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:58:12 AM

Victor: Amicus is software by Gavel & Gown Software Inc., www.amicusattorney.com that many attornies use to integrate contacts and calendars among other things. Amicus will import from Microsoft Outlook, but the iPhone will not import contacts from Amicus.